Optical Engineering, Imaging Optics, and Image Quality Services
Camera Design and Manufacturing Support Services
We can help you bring your camera from the idea stage to mass production. We like to talk with you at the earliest proof of concept stages to help you optimize design decisions. We are also happy to get involved at later stages. We support:
- Optical Design, Optimization, and Analysis in Zemax / CodeV.
- Illumination System Design in Zemax
- Image Quality Testing and Test Design with ImaTest.
- Mechanical Design Review in AutoDesk Inventor / AutoCAD.
- NPI Project Management and Design-for-Manufacture.
- Production Line Test Equipment Configuration.
- Coming Jan 2021: 3A ISP Tuning
Optical Engineering for Imaging Systems and Illumination Design
Design and Select Your Optics
We begin talking through the objective metrics necessary for your visual or computer vision camera. We can then walk you through system-level trade-offs to consider technical requirements and implementation feasibility. If necessary, we provide optical design analysis services. We utilize Zemax, Imatest and AutoDesk to optimize your system performance.
- Wide Angle Optics
- Optical Design-for-Manufacture
- Imaging Optics Stray Light Optimization
- Thermal Ruggedization
- Camera Module Alignment
Off-the-Shelf and Custom Optics Development Support
Design a Customized Camera
We align technical requirements with commercially-viable options to help you meet your cost targets. We then can perform searches for off-the-shelf products across over 40 different lens manufacturers. If an off-the-shelf solution does not exist, we can lead custom and customized lens design efforts.
Image Quality Testing | Resolution, Colorimetry, Noise, etc..
Prototype Your System
We have experience with all major image quality ISO standards and participated in the IEEE P2020 automotive image quality working group. Areas where we can help include:
- Defining image quality testing standards.
- Creating custom test charts.
- Setting up production-level alignment stations.
- Implementing quality control procedures.
- Coming January 2021: 3A ISP Tuning
NPI Project Management for Camera Hardware
Optimize for Manufacturing
We can support you through the NPI development process with manufacturers. We can help provide feedback to and manage suppliers through:
- Prototype Debugging
- Reliability Testing
- Compliance Testing
- Quality Control Thresholding
- Design of Experiment (DoE) Configuration
- Incoming Quality Control Inspection