Lenses for Computer Vision, Robotics, Video Conferencing, and More
Commonlands is a US-based company located in Los Angeles, CA. The company was founded in 2018 as an optical engineering and camera image quality services company. We are part of the Zemax Consulting Partner Program.
Starting in 2020, we began to offer high-performance cost-effective lenses and related accessories. These are in use across the autonomous vehicle, robotics, factory automation, medical, and VR industries.
Your US-Based Source for Optics and Camera Modules
Design, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing
Inspection, Testing, Assembly
Optical Design and Camera Engineering Services
Past Consulting Projects
- Advised the camera development process for a consumer laser cutter, including a custom lens and ISP tuning. Responsible for a RFP down-selection process, and guided project through optical design, mechanical design, and prototyping. Created active alignment design suggestions and designed patentable custom illumination optics.
- Led hardware project management for a catadioptric video-conferencing camera. Project included 6+ prototype, EVT/DVT/PVT stages, resulting in successful product launch. Guided technical efforts related to optical design, mechanical design, and image quality tuning.
- Sourced lenses and implemented image quality testing techniques at a ruggedized stereo-vision robotics company. Provided support on illumination, lens ruggedization, business strategy and financial modeling.
- Upgraded and sourced a new imaging system for a pre-seed agricultural imaging startup.
- Reviewed camera performance and sourced new camera hardware for a Series B surveillance robotics startup.
- Designed an afocal viewfinder and developed image quality standards for a legacy US camera company.
- Defined go-to-market strategies for a Fortune 50 company's computer vision ecosystem.
- Upgraded a new camera for a Series D robotic key copying kiosk startup.